Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Some Days the Bear Eats You

Yesterday, a miniature dachshund pissed on my blanket and sleeping bag. That was the best part of my day.

I'm in a horrible living situation for the next couple weeks, made worse by the east coast snowstorm which has made it much more difficult for me to walk around. This was the first time in my life I wished for snow to not come--didn't work any better than most of the times I wished for blizzards. I'd rather be stranded in an airport or checked into a seedy motel, but since neither of those options are handy, I've decided I'd rather be hit by a car than have to spend 24 hours a day trapped inside with an incredibly aggravating person, so I'll be taking my chances on getting to this library (it's actually the second library I've walked to today) and spending full days here if I make it. Of course with holidays it will be closed often--I'll spend those days trudging through the snow on my new discovery.

Please, is it 2010 yet?

A 12/24 edit--it's snowing in Duluth and they have a blizzard warning through 12/26. Wishing I were there.

2 comments:

Northland said...

I sure hope you can get out and away from all of your aggravations.
Duluth had a bit of snow (my daughter went through there from Grand Marais over to here yesterday) but I am sure they have more snow now. We have been dumped on over and over here in the Keweenaw and it is just right!
Hope you can let the natural elements in your new discovery salve your feelings with optimism and a will to do what needs done.

greentangle said...

I read that Duluth got about 2 feet and the storm was rated #5 on the all-time list. Congrats on your snowy UP winter!