Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Big Dog (And Other Critters)

This is what happens when I get convenient internet and a camera at the same time--three posts in one day. I'll do a hike tomorrow to start really experimenting with the camera but after learning menus and settings and symbols all morning, I had to try a couple shots. This is the Big Dog.















He didn't seem too excited about having his picture taken and started barking at me moments after that shot. So I waited until he was far away before I tried again.
















Here's a lovely quote from a developer upset that trespassing neighbors delayed his plans by finding a protected salamander on his property. “If you trespass on my property to do harm, that’s no different than if you trespass on someone’s property to rape them.’’ Yep, same thing, alright--interfering with profit, and rape.

Here are some other critters who interfered with developers.

http://www.boston.com/business/gallery/naturevsbuilders

2 comments:

Woodswalker said...

I'm glad you played it safe with that dog. Congratulations on your new camera. I'm really looking forward to what you will do with it.

That was quite a chilling quote from the developer!

Ruahines said...

Kia ora GT,
Superior to read from you with greater frequency. You have put more than a few books upon my reading list. Kia kaha!
Cheers,
Robb