Monday, April 19, 2010

All Hail Eyjafjallajokull!

I rather like seeing this natural reminder of where humans really stand in the big picture. You probably could have guessed that. But I'm also starting to really like the name. I look forward to seeing it in a crossword puzzle some day.

Profits and travel are being disrupted. No doubt there's a mad scientist somewhere working on a plan. Lots of international folks didn't make it here to run in today's Boston Marathon--maybe a U.S. resident will win for the first time in a quarter century.

Speaking of the big picture, there are humans standing insignificantly in a few of these.

2 comments:

Ruahines said...

Kia ora GT,
Yeah, I am loving seeing this. I am surprised no global corporates are talking about nuking it or something to disrupt the money flow. I read an interesting post by an Ice Lander whom states most there are unaffected by the eruption, but still reeling from being used by the global bankers whom they feel like chucking in the volcano.
Cheers,
Robb

greentangle said...

Yep, I'll take "natural disasters" over man-made ones any day. At least they don't piss me off or disgust me.