Friday, April 9, 2010

Arnold Arboretum

Yesterday, I visited a couple towns where I used to live. After selling some books in Brookline, I went to Jamaica Plain and had lunch at Centre Street Cafe, scene of many brunches in the old days.

Then I spent a couple hours wandering around Arnold Arboretum.





Wanna take a closer look?









Hemlock Hill used to be my favorite part of the arboretum. But since the arrival of the Hemlock Woolly Adelgid, there is too much sunlight hitting too many stumps. Most of it is too painful to photograph, so I settled for a sign.



And this view of Boston's Back Bay from the top of the hill.



At first glance, I thought this was a very strange mutation.



Eh, too much flora, we need a duck.



Long ago I used to live here, a couple blocks away from the arboretum.


I had the bottom floor with three women upstairs, two of them sisters. After expressing interest in one of the sisters, I realized it was the other sister I liked. I felt weird about the whole thing, so I moved half a block to here



which at the time had the advantage of being on a dirt road. Once the pavement comes, there goes the neighborhood.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Love the pictures, but kind of interested in the sister thing. Had to move huh? Very cute.

greentangle said...

Ha, yeah, I try to keep things a little more varied around here than a straight nature/animal blog.