Saturday, April 10, 2010

Best of Greentangle 2007

What do you think of the new look? I switched to it primarily because I wanted to be able to get two small photos next to each other in posts and that wasn't working with the old template. I have noticed that the changes have screwed up the text and paragraph spacing on some old posts, some of which I'm fixing as I find them.

I'm finding them because I'm working on a blog project of which this post is the first example. I'm going to do a post listing my favorite posts for each year, and then I'll be able to simply post links to those few posts in the sidebar rather than a long list. I've also added a list of my favorite book-related posts to the sidebar.

So, here's 2007, a short half year to get started. We'll all find out together if I have the stamina to finish this project.

What's a greentangle? What is this blog going to be about?

Hiking in Duluth
A walk in the urban wilderness

Bye bye, Bubba The life and death of a zoo polar bear

Batting 2nd, HD Thoreau Thoreau and baseball, or baseball and Thoreau

Ecoblog Books and activities for connecting with nature

Sanctuary For farm animals and for me

Developing a Rant
No more buildings

Sea Shepherd: The Whale Warriors
A book review and more

7 comments:

Allan Stellar said...

I like the No Building thing. Part of what makes me uncomfortable about the natural building movement is, precisely that: the building part. When we were looking for our place, we were looking for already developed property. We didn't want to carve out 40 acres of wilderness and spoil it with our mud house.

Although, and something I've been thinking about, there must be rules for Green Homesteaders...i.e. fewer fences, leaving at least 2/3rds of the property undeveloped, leaving wildlife corridors intact, slow speed limits, etc. etc.

allan

Judy said...

I like the new look. You are brave to change. I don't think I have the nerve right now. I'm afraid everything would implode, disappear or change to Chinese or something.

Judy said...

I tagged you for a blog game that is going around. It involves highlighting one of your photographs. Visit my latest post for details. Hope you enjoy this.

greentangle said...

Judy, I'll skip that; I'm not one for internet games or chain mail.

Allan, yep, that issue of building, living in the country, etc. is one of those green tangles--everything's got its good and bad aspects, even (especially?) living in Tucson. :-)

Judy said...

I had a feeling you wouldn't be interested, so that's fine. No problem. It's not really a game, though. It gives you a chance to have other people find your blog and see your photos. I probably didn't explain it correctly.

Ruahines said...

Kia ora GT,
Lots of good info here, a treasure trove to troll through now that I can sit at a keyboard for a bit.
Cheers,
Robb

greentangle said...

Hi Robb, welcome back, glad you got done with the surgery and are on your way back to hiking.