Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Monastery Photos

Made it back to the monastery for a couple hours today.



Stairway to heaven?



In case you haven't noticed yet, I'll always take a turtle photo given the chance. Looking at this one more closely, it appears to me that this turtle is an attack survivor. Would have taken the chance at a muskrat photo today also if the camera had been on when I noticed his wake but he was underwater by the time I was ready.



Cabbage roll



Cabbage creek



Not such a tangled web



If people on the internet can be believed, this is a poison ivy vine



So why do they call it shagbark?



Pretty picture #1



Pretty picture #2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What camera are you using? Nice photos.

Judy said...

Turtle pictures are always good. They don't move as fast as other creatures. Good pics!

greentangle said...

It's new--a Fujifilm FinePix S1800. Though it has lots of capabilities, I'm just using it on Auto mode at this point because I'm not a photographer--just wanted a combination of a good zoom and low price and this was the best deal I found.

Judy, I just recently moved up from snails.

Allan Stellar said...

Did I hear single malt?!!

greentangle said...

Here the menu, Allan. Scotch is near the bottom.

http://www.montanaaleworks.com/MAW_drinks_09.pdf