Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bad News, Bears

I heard about two more dead bears today which I think gives them a 7-5 lead (?) against the humans this season. A small black bear became hit and run victim number three, and a 576 1/2 pound male grizzly was found dead and sent to Bozeman to be examined to have the cause of death determined. Both were found in the same general area of the park, near Fishing Bridge. I'll let you know when I hear about the cause of death.

After a half day of work, I put in ten miles of hiking yesterday, five each way on the dirt road between here and Gardiner where the office picnic was being held. I only hung around for a couple hours since I'd skipped the steak or salmon choice and didn't particularly want to watch other people eat them either, but I did enjoy playing some horseshoes for the first time in about 40 years (and leading our seasonal team to victory over the full timers). I wanted to check out the road and how long the hike takes since I'll likely be getting to the music festival that way in a couple weeks.

No comments: