Friday, September 24, 2010

A Little News that's Fit to Amuse

I'm not blogging at work; I have the afternoon off because I'll be working Sunday taking inventory at a site which closes this weekend (and I'll be doing the same at another site Monday).

This has apparently already become a national story, but somewhere in Montana there's a bear who's afraid of zucchini.

Yesterday I was walking by the general store where a giant pickup truck was parked. A magpie kept jumping up from the sidewalk to pick dead bugs off the truck's grill.

Wednesday's hike got canceled so I don't have any new photos for you. At this point one more person needs to sign up for next Thursday's hikes by Yellowstone Lake for them to happen. Expect lots of water photos if it happens and lots of disappointment if it doesn't. There will be a short hike tomorrow to a former wolf pen site.

1 comment:

Ruahines said...

Kia ora GT,
Obviously the bear is not a vegetarian.
Cheers,
Robb