Friday, March 18, 2011

Quiet Time

Haven't gotten out much because of work, weather, my cold, and my foot, but it was nice to see a larger group of bison at Mammoth than I did all last year. I saw mostly solo bison here last year because I arrived after they'd moved farther into the park. I'm looking forward to seeing some of their red calves.



It's not exactly a picnic for them here though--I've walked past that grass they're trying to eat and it's completely flat, more like brown cement than nourishment. Maybe the next one had just had a spring checkup at the clinic.



I'm on the other side of the dorm this year, so I have different views. From left to right though the window, it's Mt. Everts and the post office, the fort and visitor's center (there go the bison again), and Bunsen Peak and part of the hot springs area (zoomed).







If weather and health cooperate, this weekend I'll try to climb the hot springs and the hill on the other side of the dorm.

.

No comments: