Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Getaway

A suitemate arrived Thursday and my roommate arrived today so my days of a place of my own are over for six months. Decided it was time for a hike this afternoon--it's easy to get away here.



It was so quiet up there I could hear the rapids from a different section of this river. That's the road between Mammoth and Gardiner and the outside world.



Saw some elk, much better camouflaged than when they're hanging out around the dorm.



Some handsome lichen.



Aspen grove.



Former snow tunnels.



A look at the cabins in Mammoth. Wait, what's that in the middle?



Mommy, there's a buffalo on the porch!



Why are you taking my photo? You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.



A long way from sharp, but at maximum zoom and maximum crop, finally a semi-decent photo of a bluebird.



Taking flight.



Care to identify this similarly maxed out blur? I have no field guides here.

No comments: