Saturday, April 9, 2011

Walking in a Spring Wonderland

It seemed like it was snowing for most of three days although we only wound up with about six inches. With a change in the forecast, I headed out early Saturday morning to take some photos before it all started melting.

Near the picnic tables below, I met a ranger walking her dog. She asked if I'd seen anything interesting. "Just the landscapes," I replied. "It's beautiful, isn't it," she said, "one of those special mornings." I thought so too. Hope you agree. All photos clickable for larger views.

Trees and mountains.















The birds.















Backside of a bluebird.



Lower terrace.












Making tracks.










A jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and a dorm in the wilderness.

2 comments:

Woodswalker said...

Your photos are really beautiful, but I can hardly bear to look at them, I am so sick of snow out here in New York.

greentangle said...

You're excused, I've seen you struggling to find spring on your blog!