Monday, November 14, 2011

OnTrack

Hello from Chicago's Union Station where I have another four hours to wait before my train leaves. Earlier today I sat for 2 1/2 hours in Chicago's bus station waiting for a bus to come here. I bought the ticket without any prior investigation but according to the ticket the stations were six miles apart. Had I realized they were so close I would have just taken a cab rather than sit in the bus station. After the time had passed without any bus announcement I checked with someone and found out the stations are actually three blocks apart so I walked over.

Saturday in Duluth I started on the bus with my big bag to put in storage for a week while I'm in New Orleans, realized I didn't have the key to my lock with me since I never carry keys so had to take the bus back and haul the bag back uphill to the hotel. After getting my keys, I called a cab.

There is snow on the ground in Mammoth and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person and getting back to where now feels more like home than anywhere else. First, New Orleans where the weather looks good for most of my stay with highs in the 60s and 70s and little rain.

2 comments:

Allan Stellar said...

Happy travels---and I'm still enjoying your blog...

greentangle said...

Hi Allan, how's it going? That post was going to be a lot longer but connectivity interfered.