Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trippin' in Minnesota

I hiked a loop of trails a few days ago, starting with Chester Creek.



Then on through the University's Bagley area. From the top I saw some remaining color and the Lake.





In Yellowstone, there aren't any stairs in the woods.



When I saw this creature in someone's front yard, I thought, that's not an elk! And the ears are too small to be a mule deer--what the hell is this?



And on along Tischer Creek.



Where shadow trees grow out of the water.





We do have some bridges in the woods in Yellowstone.



One night I went to see Cats!

Elmo:



and Kelsie:



They were Walden's, well, I can't say buddies, but housemates, for the last year of his life so they deserve a spot here.

The next batch of photos were taken with the new pocket-size camera I bought to take to New Orleans.

A nice sunrise while I waited for the bus to go to St. Paul.




St. Paul, home of the cathedral.



Where schoolchildren learn how government works. ;-)



New home to the largest Scientology building in the Midwest. It's across the street from the longtime home of A Prairie Home Companion.



One bagel after I took that photo, one of the members harassed me as I waited at a crosswalk.

Also home to Mickey's.



And passed through by the mighty Mississippi. New Orleans is the other way.

No comments: