Monday, January 16, 2012

Dreaming in Place

There hasn't been much going on lately. I tweaked a knee overdoing it in the gym and have been taking it easy for a week or so. I got my insurance card in the mail and celebrated by scheduling a physical for this morning. Ironically, I got sick with a bad cold and rescheduled for next week.

Planning a winter hike is complicated.




Good thing I don't have a roommate so I can use the extra bed.

As in most of the country, snow has been in short supply. Finally got a couple inches last night, and there could be more this week. The place looks prettier covered in white. I may try to schedule my free ski lesson for Friday if I'm feeling better.

Frustrated by the lack of free nature books offered for review, I broke down and bought a few very cheap ones--Walking Down the Wild: A Journey Through the Yellowstone Rockies, Sky Time in Gray's River: Living for Keeps in a Forgotten Place (which has greatly increased in price since I bought it), and Heart of the Land: Essays on the Last Great Places.

Things are looking good for trips to Old Faithful and Canyon within the next month, and chemistry seems to have surprised me while I was trying to force a reaction. Yellowstone continues to bring me good things. I've been to the mountaintop.
.

No comments: