Monday, January 23, 2012

Howl

I had one of my best Yellowstone moments Sunday night, and I was in my room at the time. While reading, I heard the wolves again and opened my window to hear more clearly. A few of them were singing off to my left when suddenly to my right I heard one answer, so loudly and so clearly that he seemed to be right beside the dorm. I watched a long time expecting to see him but never did. Today a friend told me that a guest had seen the wolf last night, and my friend went to see the tracks this morning across the street by the visitor center.

We had planned a snowshoe walk today which instead turned into a two hour conversation in the cafeteria--another of my best Yellowstone moments. I feel continually amazed and grateful whenever I think of how my life has changed in the past year and a half, and stunned that it seems to keep getting better.

A little snow has been falling here almost every day for the past week or so, and so I took a walk up the hill later today.




I was the first human to walk on the old road since the latest snowfall.







Much more snow has fallen in other parts of the park and I'll be leaving Saturday morning to go see some of it.
.

4 comments:

Northland said...

Glad to hear that you are so happy with your circumstances in living now. It is so nice to have so much to look forward to each day! I enjoy checking in on your blog and reading of your "best moments".

Andrea said...

Beautiful photos of what looks like a 'barren' landscape. Have just posted some photos of Ladakh on the web and yours remind me of mine (a bit).

Ruahines said...

Kia GT,
I echo the words of Northland. Rave On!
Cheers,
Robb

greentangle said...

Thanks, all. Hope to have some nice snowy photos to post in a week or so. Good to see you posting again, Andrea.